Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Has anyone ever been to Italy, because I have. I know this is completely change of topic, but I want to do something different than just animation on this blog. I went to Turin, in Italy (Turin hosted the winter Olympics 3 years ago, I think) 4 years ago. It was amazing to see all the culture in Italy. There were small piazzas (squares) in the middle of the city, small morning farmers markets. You could see all the chefs of top restaurants go out and buy their produce to cook, for that day, from the local farmers. You could even smell the cuts of fresh prosciutto coming out of the butchers store that has been passed down for generations. It looked like they were all friends, there was no lower or upper class, They did not care where you lived or how much money you made, they cared just about you personality and you produce! Italians can tell which part of Italy your from (if you were born in Italy) by you last name! One time I went to my cousins house, they invited our best Italian friend, Francesco, along. My Italian cousin, Federico, heard Francesco's last name(Monticello) and said "so your from the south right?" "ya", said Francesco. when we were driving back, Francesco said "everyone knows I'm from the south but my family has been living up north for 400 years." Yikes! This is just part 1 stay tuned (I guess) for part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment